Frolicking with the Sheep

Cheers!

So, last week we ventured out for a walk through the sheep pastures. The path divided the fields for some time, but then mysteriously ended but the sign for the footpath pointed directly into the field. So, we decided to go for it and found ourselves in the pasture watching our feet to make sure we weren’t stepping in sheep poop. It is spring time, so there were lots of little lambs running around; they were very cute. I learned some things about sheep though.

First, they aren’t that nice. As we eventually found the continuation of the footpath on the other side of the pasture, the sheep blocked our way to it and simply glared at us. Secondly, the baa-ing noise we typically associate with sheep is not really how they sound. There is not “b” sound when they speak, and it is much higher-pitched than most people think. Finally, I get the sense they aren’t the smartest creatures. My dog, Dearg, only poops in one section of the yard in order to keep his home clean and tidy. Sheep on the other hand, just go everywhere. Despite this however, I really enjoyed running through the sheep fields and sincerely appreciate these animals.

Cheers!

About edavison13

My name is Erin Davison and I am a math major and soccer player at the College of Wooster. I have traveled a lot with my family in the past, and always knew I wanted to study abroad in college. I am very excited to live in Lancaster, England for 5 months!