More Adjustments

Cheers.

Hello everyone. So I am nearly all settled in here at Lancaster. After buying a UK phone, other necessities for the room, and finalizing my class schedule, I made a trip to the grocery store today. That was overwhelming, but I made it through. Let’s hope I also make it through my first attempt at cooking; my dinner is in the oven now so I am not yet sure if I succeeded. I thought I would make it easy on my first night. I warmed up premade soup in the microwave, am cooking chicken with garlic and rosemary seasoning in the oven to go with it, and made a salad with blueberries, feta cheese, almonds, and balsamic dressing. As long as the chicken isn’t completely overcooked, I’m pretty proud of myself for this first dish.

Today I had another instance of needing to adjust. I went to the gym for the first time today and got on the treadmill. The treadmill was looking through a window over the rugby fields, which was quite picturesque. However, when I started the machine, it wanted to know how many kilograms I weighed and how many kilometers I wanted to run. I definitely did not know how kilograms converted to pounds, and of course I thought too hard about the kilometers and before I realized I have done so many 5k runs in my life deciding a distance shouldn’t be too hard, I was already half way through my workout. Oh well. Later, when I looked up conversions I found that I had told the treadmill I weighed over 200 pounds. Oh well. I will get used to the new measurements eventually.

Cheers.

About edavison13

My name is Erin Davison and I am a math major and soccer player at the College of Wooster. I have traveled a lot with my family in the past, and always knew I wanted to study abroad in college. I am very excited to live in Lancaster, England for 5 months!